Friday, 4 February 2011

About This Blog

I have been learning to trade tennis for almost exactly one year. It has been an exhausting 12 months of sweat and no shortage of tears! From a very limited knowledge of tennis, both as a sport and as a Betfair market, I have toiled almost every day, watching hundreds of matches.

The penny finally dropped for me during the week of the ATP World Tour Finals 2010 in London. After reading a highly recommended financial trading book 'Trading in the Zone', I was finally able to pinpoint exactly where I was going wrong. I felt like a weight had been lifted from me, as this book showed me that I could be successful. It re-affirmed exactly what I had always believed but had never been able to put into practice - that basically, I would succeed if I changed from my horrendous gamblers mentality to the correct traders mind-set. This however, is easier said than done. After several years of football betting, my head had become clouded with dozens of bad habits that dictated subconsciously, that no matter how good my strategy or knowledge was, I would always end up making the same horrific mistakes.

Changing my whole mentality and the way I perceive my trading has been one of the most difficult challenges of my life. I have not only had to change my attitude but also my lifestyle; from what I eat, how I look after my body, how I create my work environment to how my entire day is planned. This year has seen a vast improvement in my consistency. I feel I'm almost there and this blog I hope will be the final piece in the puzzle. I will use it as a tool in order to help me keep track of where I've been going wrong. Record keeping and trade analysis is something I've ignored too much in the past but has been vital in my turnaround from erratic, boom and bust trader into profitability.

But will it last? I'm the first to admit that I am not naturally suited to trading and the patience and discipline it requires. This is one of the reasons why it has taken me so long to get the hang of things. But I do have one quality which gets me through this obstacle - when I want something badly, I never give up! I hope Centre Court Trading will finally show the fruits of my labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.